[SyncEvolution] syncevolution debug help needed

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:11:30 UTC 2016

Patrick Ohly wrote:

>> > It's a bit more than a suggestion. It's a request to the engine to do
>> > the merge. What happens is:
>> >      1. add new item -> ITEM_NEEDS_MERGE without changing the database
>> >      2. read old item with luid as provided with ITEM_NEEDS_MERGE
>> >      3. update old item with merged data
>> >

>> So in this case I should not DEL+ADD in the backend, but just notify with
>> ITEM_NEEDS_MERGE? Correct?
>
> Correct.

I think it's good to go now. I did not excessively tested it, but following
your advise I changed the relevant places. I'm just not confident what it
should return - in terms of id and revision, but what I tested performed
without issues.

It would be nice if I can upload the code to where it belongs and we get
opportunity to build packages from the source for our desktop as well.

regards