[SyncEvolution] [INFO] SoupTransport Failure

Eric O'Connor eric at oco.nnor.org
Sat Jan 7 02:30:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm having some issues setting up syncevolution:

: https://contacts.zoho.com/carddav/eric@oco.nnor.org/default/ via
libsoup: Unauthorized

I'm using the same username/password as I use successfully on my
iPhone, and I can run the --print-items and get a list of vcf items.

$ syncevolution --configure syncURL='https://contacts.zoho.com/carddav/
eric at oco.nnor.org/default/' backend=carddav username='eric at oco.nnor.org
' password='xxxxxxxx' sync=slow database='1483751134.3343.16 at tara'
eric-contacts9 addressbook

$ syncevolution --run eric-contacts9
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://contacts.zoho.com/carddav/eric@oc
o.nnor.org/default/ via libsoup: Unauthorized
[INFO] Transport giving up after 0 retries and 0:00min
[

Perhaps one issue is that I don't really understand how syncevolution
works. I think I want to sync between my webdav "backend", and my local
evolution "datastore", using the carddav "backend".

I guess when I do --print-databases, I refer to them using the thing in
between parenthesis?

What is SyncML? I just want to sync Caldav/Carddav. Do I need to learn
about SyncML?

I get the same thing when I use the template setup:

$ syncevolution --configure --template webdav syncURL='https://contacts
.zoho.com/carddav/eric at oco.nnor.org/default/' backend=carddav username=
'eric at oco.nnor.org' password='xxxxxxxxxx' sync=slow
database='1483751134.3343.16 at tara' eric-contacts10 at webdav addressbook

Thanks for any help,
Eric