[SyncEvolution] "Comparison was impossible"

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri May 12 07:13:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 15:45 +0200, Vincent wrote:

> [...]

That mail didn't reach the list.

> I first did a refresh-from-remote sync, but if I delete a
> contact from my phone, a regular sync didn't delete it on the server. So
> I tried with a complete reset of my config and database. I've deleted
> all my contacts from the graphical app and did the slow sync. I have
> always the same problem =(

I lost track of what "the same problem" is. Are we still talking about
the "Comparison was impossible" part or something else?

> [INFO] @default/contacts: started
> [INFO] @default/contacts: sent 1
> [INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: started
> [INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: updating "Chloé"
> [INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: received 1/1
> [INFO] @default/contacts: normal sync done successfully
> [INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: normal sync done successfully

So "Chloé" was considered "modified" locally and thus updated on the
OwnCloud side. Directly after a "refresh from remote" that indeed
shouldn't happen.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.