[SyncEvolution] "Comparison was impossible"

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sat May 13 18:56:22 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-05-13 at 14:33 +0200, Vincent Lambert wrote:
> Le 12/05/2017 à 09:13, Patrick Ohly a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 15:45 +0200, Vincent wrote:

So the "Chloe" contact was the one you deleted after the
"refresh-from-remote" sync?

I bet it wasn't actually deleted when you marked it as deleted on the
phone.

Let's verify that hypothesis.

Use "syncevolution --print-items @default contacts". It'll give you an
ID string for each contact. Then use "syncevolution --export - @default
contacts <id string of Chloe>" to dump the contact to your console.

Example (for my local setup, with "addressbook" instead of "contacts"):

$ syncevolution --print-items @default addressbook
pas-id-5406E78700000000: John Doe

$ syncevolution --export - @default addressbook pas-id-5406E78700000000
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
UID:pas-id-5406E78700000000
PRODID:-//Synthesis AG//NONSGML SyncML Engine V3.4.0.47//EN
REV:2014-09-03T12:03:08Z(1)
N:Doe;John;;;
FN:John Doe
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Doe\, John
END:VCARD

Is there anything in your "Chloe" contact that might mark it as
"deleted"?

If unsure, then dump it directly after the refresh-from-remote and again
after deleting it in the UI. If you can still dump it after deleting,
then it definitely wasn't deleted for real.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.