[SyncEvolution] "Comparison was impossible" "

Vincent Lambert vincent.lambert9 at free.fr
Mon May 1 15:15:08 UTC 2017

Le 28/04/2017 à 11:36, Patrick Ohly a écrit :
> On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 10:18 +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:
>>> In the syncevolution.org packages, it is under /usr/bin/synccompare.
>>> It's a perl script that takes two database dumps and compares them,
>>> similar to a diff between text files.
>> I find it to be of variable usefulness. It is great when it works, but
>> in my experience it scales horribly.
> I just use it on a laptop and it works for me, but I agree that it's
> mostly a hack originating in the automated testing. There's even a bug
> open for rewriting it...
>
>> I think I always see "comparison was impossible" with refreshes. I
>> assumed that is because the databases are deleted or something (although
>> thinking about it further I am not sure that is a reasonable expectation).
> There should be "before" and "after" dumps also for refreshes, so this
> has to be something else.

So what is the goal of this command? Does it mean that something went
wrong but nothing important enought to break the system?

I deleted the two related to my configuration, restarted to clear the
sessions and then added again my notes taken from there
http://influence-pc.fr/03-07-2015-synchroniser-ses-contacts-et-calendrier-dubuntu-phone-via-owncloud-cosy-cloud
(was working from past 2 years) so just after the first "sync slow" here
is what I can see:

[WARNING] owncloud: ignoring username , it is not needed
[INFO] @default/9frfrenchholiday: inactive
[INFO] @default/9rd2q8ps5e2r48skvidunfkoms8: inactive
[INFO] @default/addressbook: inactive
[INFO] @default/calendar: inactive
[INFO] @default/memo: inactive
[INFO] @default/todo: inactive
[WARNING] owncloud: ignoring username , it is not needed
[INFO @owncloud] target side of local sync ready
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/addressbook: inactive
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/calendar: inactive
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/memo: inactive
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/todo: inactive
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: using configured
database=[censored]/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/Vincent/contacts
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: starting first time sync, two-way
(peer is server)
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: sent 140/140
[INFO] @default/contacts: starting first time sync, two-way (peer is client)
[INFO] creating complete data backup of datastore contacts before sync
(enabled with dumpData and needed for printChanges)
@default data changes to be applied during synchronization:
*** @default/contacts ***
Comparison was impossible.

[INFO] @default/contacts: started
[INFO] @default/contacts: updating "[censored]"
[INFO] @default/contacts: received 140
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: started
[INFO] @default/contacts: first time sync done successfully
[INFO @owncloud] @owncloud/contacts: first time sync done successfully

Synchronization successful.

Changes applied during synchronization (@owncloud):
+---------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-CON-+
|               |       @owncloud       |       @default        | FLI |
|        Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | CTS |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|      contacts |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  | 140 |  0  |  0  |  0  | 0  |
|      slow, 44 KB sent by client, 0 KB received                      |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|          start Mon May  1 16:47:48 2017, duration 0:13min           |
|               synchronization completed successfully                |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
[INFO] creating complete data backup after sync (enabled with dumpData

|               |       @default        |       @owncloud       | FLI |
|        Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | CTS |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|      contacts |  0  |  1  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  | 0  |
|      slow, 0 KB sent by client, 44 KB received                      |
|      140 item(s) matched                                            |
|      item(s) in database backup: 140 before sync, 140 after it      |
|          start Mon May  1 16:47:48 2017, duration 0:13min           |
|               synchronization completed successfully                |

Data modified @default during synchronization:
*** @default/contacts ***
Comparison was impossible.

Even if I delete the config, the backup database still contain entries!