[SyncEvolution] libopenobex 1.7.2 regression (was: Re: Sync on Debian Stretch)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Nov 15 13:40:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 13:48 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> I finally got a response from openobex and the secret was in the
> UPGRADING document.

Is that response somewhere public?

> I don't have the time now to deal with it, so it is just FYI. I hope
> we can follow up on that next.
>
> regards
>

> https://gitlab.com/openobex/mainline/blob/master/UPGRADING.txt
>
> Upgrade guide from previous version of openobex
>
> Upgrading to version 1.7
> ------------------------
>
> When using an event loop that triggers on incoming data, you must
> call
> OBEX_HandleInput() after each call to OBEX_Request()
> to actually send the
> request.

There is a OBEX_HandleInput() call which triggers on incoming data. Is
that comment meant to say that each OBEX_Request() must be followed by
a OBEX_HandleInput() *immediately*, without waiting for anything?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.