[SyncEvolution] libopenobex 1.7.2 regression (was: Re: Sync on Debian Stretch)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Oct 4 08:22:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-10-03 at 10:35 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > Interesting :-/ Perhaps try running under valgrind to root-cause
> > this
> > issue?
> >

> I was thinking the memory errors in valgrind were related to the
> tdepim
> code, but it looks like it fails in the sync process when tdepim
> crashes.

Yes, the TDECrash::defaultCrashHandler is catching some problem and
then itself causing valgrind errors. Is there some way to disable the
handler?

The actual problem seems to be in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libsmltk.so.0.6.0. Having that with debug information would be
useful.

Typically, during my development work I build with
--disable-shared --enable-static and --with-synthesis-
src=.../libsynthesis where "libsynthesis" is the source dir of
libsynthesis.

That way, I get a single executable that has the right compile flags
and all code included, i.e. I can set breakpoints right away without
having to wait for shared libraries to get loaded. It also avoids
problems with picking up system shared libraries.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.