[SyncEvolution] SSL related regression in 1.5.3

Tino Mettler tino.keitel+syncevolution at tikei.de
Sun Jan 14 20:37:36 UTC 2018

Hi Patrick,

while testing the 1.5.3 Debian package, I discovered a regression
regarding the SSL settings.

With the following setttings I only get soup a related error:

SSLVerifyServer = 0
SSLVerifyHost = 0

The error message is:

[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://<my host>/sync via libsoup: Unacceptable TLS certificate

When I set both settings to 1, it works as intended.

It also works when I set only one of both settings to 0, or set both to
1.

>From my point of view, people using HTTPS this way (both set to 0)
should just fix their setup, but I don't know if someone really is
required to use such SSL settings.  The description in the sample
config reads as if "SSLVerifyHost" is disabled when setting
"SSLVerifyServer" to 0.

Regards,
Tino