[SyncEvolution] "Sync now" button in sync-ui is disabled

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Jan 3 10:37:37 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 11:16 +0100, Tino Mettler wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 23:02:48 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> > Run dbus-monitor and look at the communication between sync-ui and
> > syncevo-dbus-server. Does it show anything unusual?
>
> Do you mean something like "dbus-monitor
> path=/org/syncevolution/Server"?

That's too specific, because it only shows method calls. Responses
don't use the path and then don't get logged.

I usually do "dbus-monitor >/tmp/log" and then search that file.

>  That shows nothing unusual AFAICS.

What about the GetPresence method call and the Presence signal?

The log should show something like this:

method call time=1514975407.648536 sender=:1.2726 ->
destination=:1.2717 serial=31 path=/org/syncevolution/Server;
interface=org.syncevolution.Server; member=CheckPresence
   string "google-private at personal"
method return time=1514975407.684826 sender=:1.2717 ->
destination=:1.2726 serial=161 reply_serial=31
   string ""
   array [
      string "local://@google-private"
   ]

If the array is empty, then the service is considered unreachable.

For SyncML, syncevo-dbus-server monitors network status via ConnMan or
NetworkManager. Perhaps that isn't working anymore. See
src/dbus/server/connman-client.cpp and src/dbus/server/network-manager-
client.cpp.

> > I also did some work on SyncEvolution to get it working better on
> > recent distros (i.e. replace libraries and methods with
> > contemporary
> > ones). It's finally starting to pass testing without issues, so I
> > could
> > do a new release now.
>
> What git branch is that? Maybe I can use this to build some test
> packages.

It's the "for-master/master-next" branch in SyncEvolution and "for-
master/cxx" for libsynthesis. I've also (tentatively) set the 1.5.3
version tags. If testing goes well, I will push that as the new master
and publish the resulting binaries.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.