[SyncEvolution] "Sync now" button in sync-ui is disabled

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Jan 3 20:24:48 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 20:30 +0100, Tino Mettler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 14:35:07 +0100, Tino Mettler wrote:
>
> > I guess this is caused by the fact that I don't use network manager
> > for
> > my network setup.
>
> Yes, it is. systemctl stop NetworkManager solved the issue.

I was wondering about the "don't use network manager" part. If
NetworkManager is not found, syncevo-dbus-server should fall back to
the assumption that the system is online, which is indeed what you get
after stopping NetworkManager.

So the problem was that NetworkManager was running, but considered
itself offline. Perhaps I (someone?) should rip out both the ConnMan
and NetworkManager code and replace it with GNetworkMonitor. No idea
whether that would have worked better in your setup, though.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.