[SyncEvolution] Newer phones with syncml support

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:20:48 UTC 2019

deloptes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if this is still alive and someone is reading - do you know any recent
> phones that implement syncml. I need to replace the phone, but couldn't
> find out which newer one would support syncml. Nokia seems to have dropped
> it and for many phones there is no documentation. Android and iOS is a no
> go anyway.
>
> thanks in advance

Ah good, good to know that you are still around. So basically we just
say "welcome to idiocracy".

I was thinking to resurrect buteo or whatever was supposed to run in MeeGo
and was obliterated in Sailfish. Then I was thinking to dump Sailfish as
they moved to bluez5 and can not make it to work with my car audio. Finally
the audio jack broke and I can not use it in the car by any means. I wanted
to go back to simple phone with bluez2,3 or 4, but found out that no one
implements SyncML anymore .... so I ended up asking.
Thanks for frank answer. I still think that it was very good thing and I am
not sure if we have to give up that easy. I may look again at the buteo
code for Sailfish, but I have general problem with Sailfish in terms of
devices - Jolla somehow thinks they have to support always bigger and
bigger devices .... no idea what to do. Perhaps I'll look for some
opensource solution for more simple phone ... chances not bigger. Window
seems to be closing again, where one could easily keep contacts in sync
without being big brothered.

thanks and regards