[SyncEvolution] Newer phones with syncml support

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:43:53 UTC 2019

Andrey Butirsky wrote:

> Hi,
> personally, I don't understand too why we have to give up that easily.
>
> There is no real alternative indeed, and having to keep all the contacts
> in clear text on server at BB service, or organize "home services" for
> that is just a ridiculous..

Yes my WLAN is disconnected from the intranet for good reason.

I read recently the specs of obexd that is under kernel custody and it says
there, that it supports synchronization -
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/obex-api.txt

Unfortunately I do not know (yet) if obex in Sailfish (kernel 3.10) supports
this, but it looks like if interface service is there, it could work.

I am also not sure what you can do to make phone OS manufacturers include
support for syncml or anything not WLAN dependent, otherwise I share your
opinion - we are left without choice, without alternative.

regards