[SyncEvolution] Re: Sync failure - F31

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:28:13 UTC 2019

Max Pyziur wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the first time running sync since upgrading to
> F31.
>
> But through F30, Sync has worked flawlessly Syncing with memotoo and
> evolution.

I am on debian - don't know F.

> Now, using the gui interface, the following error message appears:
> The sync process died unexpectedly.
>
> I've tried slow sync, deleting the data on the server via the gui, but
> each time the process dies with some variant of the above message.
>
> So, I'm looking for some sort of log file to see if there any messages or
> other indications of where the flaw would be.

Run it from the command line

SYCNEVOLUTION_DEBUG=3 syncevolution -r loglevel=6 <sync profile> addressbook

then in your ~/.cache/syncevolution you find the logs

And can you check the openobex version? Here it is not working with anything
recent. I still have libopenobex1 1.5. Changes in 1.7 aka libopenobex2
render it unusable