[SyncEvolution] Re: new SyncEvolution binaries, dropping features?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Sat Jul 25 20:00:05 UTC 2020

deloptes <deloptes at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Patrick,
> glad to hear such good news from you - really appreciate your work.
> I am actively using SyncEvolution on Debian Buster with TDE and with
> Sailfish OS phone.
>
> I was wondering about openobex-1.7 (aka libopenobex2) - is it possible to
> get it working with it?
> It seems to be the new default in debian, but is not working with
> SyncEvolution and you did not mention it.

I'm currently building against libopenobex2-dev on Ubuntu Bionic, and
that at least seems to work fine without changes to the SyncEvolution
source code. However, I haven't tested syncing via OBEX with the
resulting binaries.

When you say "is not working", what problems do you see?

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly