[SyncEvolution] New to Syncevolution

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Sep 3 09:41:26 UTC 2020

Hello Patrick and others,

Good to see there is still activity for Syncevolution!

I am new to Syncevolution and I must say I had not really heard of it
before. I thought is was a part of Evolution and I do not really like
that program.

I use Thunderbird with plugins, but I must say I do not really like that
too. Lightning takes really much memory, and the addresbook is really
bad. Cardbook is better, but then there are two adress-books.

A college told me he uses Syncevolution as a cronjob on his Pinephone to
synchronize contacts and adresses. I have tested it now on my desktop,
and I must say I like it!  I also have a Pinephone.
https://store.pine64.org/product/pinephone-community-edition-postmarketos-limited-edition-linux-smartphone/

My college uses Nextcloud as server, and UBports on the phone:
https://ubports.com/

I use Sogo on the server side, and Mobian on the phone:
https://mobian-project.org/
https://sogo.nu/

But, Syncevolution is removed from Debian, Mobian is Debian testing
based. But it's still on https://snapshots.debian.org :
https://snapshot.debian.org/package/syncevolution/1.5.3-2/

I think it's a good idea to remove some parts from Syncevolution. Maybe
they can be added later again.

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/