[SyncEvolution] New to Syncevolution

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Sep 3 16:15:21 UTC 2020

Op 03-09-2020 om 17:44 schreef Patrick Ohly:
> Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> writes:
>> But, Syncevolution is removed from Debian, Mobian is Debian testing
>> based. But it's still on https://snapshots.debian.org :
>> https://snapshot.debian.org/package/syncevolution/1.5.3-2/
>
> That only works with older Evolution releases.

Evolution seems to work to on the phone with "scale-to-fit Evolution
on".  Search for "CardDAV" on this page for documentation:
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=tweaks
But maybe this solution does not use SyncEvolution.

I think Evolution is a desktop programm, and not really good for a
phone. So I think it's better to use SyncEvolution in a cronjob and to
use other programms on the phone, like gnome-calendar and gnome-contacts.

> I'm working on a new
> release with support for more recent system libraries.

Good to hear ;-)

I've heard from somebody else he uses it on a Pinephone with Ubuntu
Touch (not sure about the name, sometimes it's also called "UBports").

I use Mobian at the moment, that uses Phosh (phone shell) what comes
from Purism and uses Gnome. It's Debian testing. I have gnome-calendar
and gnome-contacts on the phone, and I guess many phone applications
like "Call" and "Chat" also use the addressbook.

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/