[SyncEvolution] Re: Invalid signature for SyncEvolution 1.5.3 repo

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Jan 4 09:07:47 UTC 2021

Graham Cobb <g+syncevolution at cobb.uk.net> writes:

> On 28/02/2019 21:15, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> Long story short, it should work again. Remember that as users you still
>> need to renew the signing key with:
>> sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 43D03AD9
>
> Thanks Patrick, that works now.
>
> Now I have a different problem: using the 1.5.3 packages I can't get
> syncevolution to recognise the webdav backends (caldav or carddav).
>
> After some debugging, it seems there is a missing dependency on
> libneon27-gnutls. Installing that allows the webdav backends to be
> recognised (syncdav.so requires libneon-gnutls.so.27).

I realized that I never replied to this.

That the "syncevolution-bundle" doesn't have dependencies for *any* of
the backends is actually intentional. It makes it possible to put
everything into one .deb without forcing users to install all
dependencies, even for those backends that they don't use.

For Evolution, "syncevolution-evolution" is a meta package which adds
the extra dependencies for EDS.

I could of course split up into "proper" packages (main, one per
backend), but that would be more complex. Ideally, distros package
SyncEvolution properly.

"SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=10 syncevolution --version" prints additional
information about which backends could (or couldn't) be loaded:

SYNCEVOLUTION_DEBUG=10 syncevolution --version

Loaded backend library syncfile
Loaded backend library syncecal
Loaded backend library syncebook

This is normal because the EDS backends needs to be compiled multiple
times for different EDS releases.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly