[SyncEvolution] Re: moving SyncEvolution infrastructure

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Apr 6 11:01:25 UTC 2022

"Patrick Ohly" <patrick.ohly at intel.com> writes:

> Robert K <rk1 at robkr.de> writes:
>
>>> In fact, this would be a perfect opportunity for someone with spare time
>>> to help out. Any volunteers?
>>
>> Hello Patrick,
>>
>> I do have some time to help you.
>> Please let me know, what should be done.
>
> Excellent. We first need to figure out where to host the website and
> which tools to use for building it, then convert content. That's where
> I'll need help.

So here's where I am at the moment. I have downloaded Markdown files
from the current site and also mirrored the generated HTML. Both is in
different branches of my personal freedesktop.org repo.

This branch has the Markdown and instructions:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pohly/syncevolution/-/tree/gitlab-pages

Here's the current site:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pohly/syncevolution/-/tree/syncevolution.org

Rendered page:
https://pohly.pages.freedesktop.org/syncevolution/

So far, I have mostly just automatically moved .md files from "export"
(where they are ignored) to the places where syncevolution.org had
them. I've done it for "blogs/pohly", but the same command could also
move all other files (see commit message).

My problem right now is that some blog posts, for example in 2011, get
rendered under blogs/pohly but not included in the feed and blog
archive. I've not figured out the reason for that yet.

The other problem is that the input .md files all need to be edited
manually to render more nicely. Some of them are completely broken.
Robert, is that something you might be able to help with?

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly