[SyncEvolution] Re: Syncing a New Android phone (Samsung A52) w KeepContacts

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Jan 11 17:28:01 UTC 2022

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022, Patrick Ohly wrote:

> Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> writes:

>>> What error do you get? Do you have
>>> https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server as your syncURL?
>>
>> I'm using the GUI; the error message that comes back is:
>> "We were unable to connect to the server. The problem could be temporary
>> or there could be something wrong with the settings."
>>
>> Are there log files that I can review somewhere?
>
> Yes, under ~/.cache/syncevolution.
>
>> Or alternatively, is there a CLI command that I can issue, and, in that
>> way, capture whatever error messages (the one above, and hopefully more
>> informative ones) are generated?
>
> What is your configuration called? If it is "keepcontacts", then you can
> sync with:
>
> syncevolution --run keepcontacts

Here is the output from running the above command:
pyz at pegasus ~/.cache/syncevolution/keepcontacts-2022-01-11-11-21>
syncevolution --run keepcontacts
[INFO] calendar: inactive
[INFO] memo: inactive
[INFO] todo: inactive
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via
libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] resend previous message, retry #1
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via
libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] resend previous message, retry #2
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via
libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] Transport giving up after 2 retries and 4:00min
[ERROR] transport problem: transport failed, retry period exceeded
[INFO] addressbook: inactive
[ERROR] addressbook: aborted on behalf of user (local, status 20017)
[INFO] creating complete data backup after sync (enabled with dumpData and
needed for printChanges)

Synchronization failed, see
/home/pyz/.cache/syncevolution/keepcontacts-2022-01-11-12-20/syncevolution-log.html
for details.

Changes applied during synchronization:
+---------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-CON-+
|               |         LOCAL         |        REMOTE         | FLI |
|        Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | CTS |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|   addressbook |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
|   aborted on behalf of user (local, status 20017)                   |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|          start Tue Jan 11 12:20:43 2022, duration 4:02min           |
|          external transport failure (local, status 20043)           |
First ERROR encountered: transport problem: transport failed, retry period
exceeded

> If unsure what the configuration is called, use:
>
> syncevolution --print-configs
>
> You can check the syncURL with:
>
> syncevolution --print-config keepcontacts | grep ^syncURL

The output of this command:
syncURL = https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server

Thank you for your help here,