[systemd-devel] gentoo openrc

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Aug 10 04:21:51 PDT 2010

RR> So there is in fact some shellscript-calling involved.

Perhaps the goal exagerated the eventual code.

Or maybe the backlash changed the plans.  (I'd forgotten until just now,
but the init.d/net code, especially, was very bash-riented and they didn't
want to have the change that fact.)

RR> The main question is, whether i try to reuse the named shell script
RR> and copy some portions of the openrc source, or whether i rewrite
RR> the deptree handling code as the openrc code would bloat the systemd
RR> tree.

I have to agree with avoiding bloat.  A closer look shows that you were
most likely on the right track.

(init.d/net.lo may make the heaviest usage of bashisms.)

-JimC