[systemd-devel] Mandriva support for systemd

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Tue Dec 28 14:41:17 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Guilherme Moro
<guilherme at mandriva.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a developer from Mandriva and I wanna let you all now about the news
> from Mandriva.
> We decided to use systemd as the default init for our next release 2011.0,
> so we added systemd to our development trunk and its all running pretty
> well. :)
> We start develop a python wrapper to expose all the options that systemd
> offer us and soon this source code will be available from our VCS.
>
> We hope to collaborate as much as possible to the project as well.

Amazing!

Since the biggest issue about systemd adoption right now is moving
services to use it, I ask: what's your migration plan? Rely solely on
sysv compatibility? Port default-install services? Port major
services? What's your current balance of native x sysv-compat
services?

Lennart, how about Fedora in this front? Did you upstream all your
patched services, like cupsd?

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri