[systemd-devel] How to Test systemd on F14?

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 05:28:15 PST 2010

I installed systemd on Fedora 14 and added init=/bin/systemd to my
kernel boot parameters.  Initially I had no problems: boot to
graphical.target is fine.  I wanted to run through the test cases I
found at

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_initialization_basic
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_initialization_tools

I encountered a problem that makes me think I'm missing something.

ln -sf /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target
reboot and now in terminal:

    garry at vfr$ runlevel
    N 3
    garry at vfr$

But...

    [root at vfr ~]# telinit 5
    telinit: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection
    refused
    [root at vfr ~]# init 5
    init: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection
    refused
    [root at vfr ~]#

Now relink graphical.target, but reboot still to terminal.  :-(

Tried systemctl start graphical.target and got (in log):

    Dec 29 15:15:11 vfr systemd[1]: getty at tty1.service/stop would stop a running service.
    Dec 29 15:15:11 vfr systemd[1]: Deleting getty at tty1.service/stop to minimize impact.

Is this supposed to work?  How do I get back to the graphical target?

--
Garry T. Williams