[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Packaging systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Jul 3 06:16:00 PDT 2010

On Fri, 25.06.10 03:14, Michael Biebl (mbiebl at gmail.com) wrote:

> 2010/6/25 Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>:
> >
> > and converted udev init scripts to native systemd configurations to
> > place into /lib/systemd/system/ are here:
> >  http://people.freedesktop.org/~kay/systemd/
>
> Looking at the udev.service file, I noticed:
> [Service]
> Type=notify
> ExecStart=/sbin/udevd
> ExecStartPost=/sbin/udevadm trigger --type=subsystems --action=add
> ExecStartPost=/sbin/udevadm trigger --type=devices --action=add
>
> That duplicate ExecStartPost, is that a bug or intentional? If the
> latter, what is the order in which those commands are run?
> Is it possible to run other Exec* commands, like ExecStart= in
> parallel/multiple times?

Intentional. They are executed one after the other, serially. If you
want parallelization, use multiple service files.

Note that only the pre/post commands can be specified more than once,
but ExecStart= only once, since we consider the process started with
ExecStart= the "main" process of the daemon.

> Would be cool if those options were documented in the systemd.service
> man page.

This is now documented. I added the last comments to the man page about
that yesterday.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.