[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Packaging systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 7 12:32:30 PDT 2010

On Wed, 07.07.10 09:33, Matthias Clasen (matthias.clasen at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>

> > But yepp, it's a bit disappointing, and I am open for suggestions to fix
> > this differently...
>
> ExecStartPost=/sbin/udevadm trigger --type=subsystems --action=add;\
>                        /sbin/udevadm trigger --type=devices --action=add
>
> is valid desktop entry syntax and has the charme that it is actually
> valid shell as well.

Hmm. Are you sure that .desktop files actually know continuation lines
like that? I.e. \ at the line ending? I cannot find that in the spec, or
am I blind?

And I cannot see that in the GkeyFile implementation either...

That said, I have now implemented both continuation lines with trailing
backslashes as well as semicolons for seperating commands. That means
GKeyFile may now be used to write a full featured service file, but still
there are some things GKeyFile cannot parse (such as .include
directives, which we support).

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.