[systemd-devel] Compiling in a sandbox

Steve Herber herber at thing.com
Thu Jul 8 13:42:53 PDT 2010

In gentoo, the only way I know to install packages is to run the emerge
command as root.  The point of gentoo is to automate the download, untar,
configure, compile, and install process.  I don't know of a way to do this
without being root.  Does anyone know how to configure gentoo to split
the install phase, which must be run as root, from the other phases that
don't really need to be run as root?  Otherwise, the suggestion from
Lennart is not useful for gentoo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Steve Herber	herber at thing.com		work: 206-221-7262
Software Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services	home: 425-454-2399