[systemd-devel] This patch adds SELinux support to systemd for socket creation.

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Jul 23 03:56:52 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:30, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> I though I saw avc's caused because systemd creating some devices with
> the wrong labels?  I searched for mknod but found no calls.  Does
> systemd create any nodes?

It should not create any nodes. Systemd depends on the
kernel-maintained devtmpfs for all device nodes.

Udev runs on top of devtmpfs and adjusts permissions/selinux context
in the background. Could there be a timing problem, that some nodes
which the kernel has created get accessed, but don't have the proper
context in the moment udev is still iterating over them?

Kay