[systemd-devel] Compiling in a sandbox

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 16 06:32:38 PDT 2010

On Wed, 16.06.10 15:08, olechrt at stud.ntnu.no (olechrt at stud.ntnu.no) wrote:

> Compiling using portage in gentoo currently fails, since make
> tries to create and mount /cgroup. Is this necessary for compilation?

Well, not if you build from a tarball. Unfortunately we have no tarballs
available yet.

Also, we don't try to mount the dirs if you have an uid != 0. You should
not build systemd as root anyway.

(We mount those filesystems because there's a little bit of a
chicken-and-egg problem otherwise when we need to figure out the mode we
are being run in).

> I'd experiment myself, but to be honest, the makefiles make my head
> spin.

Uh, they are actually pretty straight-forward automake.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net