[systemd-devel] Trying systemd in Fedora 14

Felix Braun Felix.Braun at mail.McGill.ca
Wed Nov 3 03:03:49 PDT 2010

Hi there,

while systemd wasn't chosen as a default init system for F14, it is included in the repositories. That way, it was argued, more people could give it a try and potentially discover shortcomings before it would be made the default.

I would like to give systemd a spin and have installed it in my fresh Fedora system. However, bootup is still seems to be handled by upstart after installation. I have not been able to find installation information in the man pages or on systemd's web presence.

How do I transfer control to systemd? Changing init=xxx in grub.conf? Do I need to pass any other arguments on the kernel command line?

Thanks for your assistance
Felix