[systemd-devel] systemd and Linuxfromscratch

enaut enaut.w at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:56:06 PST 2010

Am 10.11.2010 11:28, schrieb Andrei Gherzan:
> Hello. My name is Andrew. I found your [systemd-devel] systemd and
> Linuxfromscratch article and wanted to know if you managed to make
> systemd work on your system. I've done all the work with toolchain and
> basic system file in LFS and now i want to install systemd as an Init
> alternative.
>
> Did you manage to do it? If so, would you please give my some info of
> how you did it?
>
> Thanks a lot.
Hey,
I tried to get a CLFS system up and running but failed to do so. I
failed to compile systemd because of a bug in xsltproc (ssegfault on
64bit) and some more (building dependencies of systemd). Then I
discovered exherbo which was pretty much exactly what I wanted to build
so I switched over to using exherbo.

The Problem Sven did have can be resolved usually with the following
command:
systemctl enable remount-rootfs.service

If you are interested you can look into the buildscripts of exherbo
(http://git.exherbo.org/?p=arbor.git;a=blob;f=packages/sys-apps/systemd/systemd.exlib)
and gentoo
(http://barbieri-playground.googlecode.com/svn/gentoo/overlay/sys-apps/systemd/systemd-9999.ebuild).

Maybe that helped :)