[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 13

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Nov 18 15:17:00 PST 2010

Heya,

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-13.tar.bz2

This includes a couple of minor new features but most importantly fixes
some issues where shutdown could fail.

Changes:

Andrey Borzenkov (1):
      man: trivial BindTo description fix

Kay Sievers (3):
      update TODO
      Revert "update TODO"
      update TODO

Lennart Poettering (19):
      pam: duplicate cgroup tree in the cpu hierarchy by default, optionally more
      cgroup: by default, duplicate service cgroup in the cpu hierarchy
      pam: document controllers= switch
      build: expose libcryptsetup dependency in build string
      manager: make list of default controllers configurable
      cryptsetup: automatically order crypt partitions before cryptsetup.target
      cgroup: if we couldn't remove a cgroup after killing evertyhing in it then it's fine
      cgroup: after killing cgroup processes, ensure the group is really dead gone. wait for 3s at max
      units: make sure prefdm is killed first, user sessions second on shutdown
      job: make sure we don't fail umount.target if a mount unit failed to stop
      update TODO
      util: introduce /etc/os-release so that distros don't need to patch systemd to get a welcome message
      units: enable console ask-password agent by default
      mount: trivial optimization
      sysctl: implement native sysctl tool to support Debian-style /etc/sysctl.d
      sysctl: don't consider missing kernel options fatal
      cryptsetup: show udev device name when asking for password
      cryptsetup: actually show disk name
      build-sys: bump for v13

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.