[systemd-devel] Questions/problems about distro integrating

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 22 11:29:33 PST 2010

On Mon, 22.11.10 11:33, Ozan Çağlayan (ozan at pardus.org.tr) wrote:

> Salı 26 Ekim 2010 günü (saat 01:15:50) Lennart Poettering şunları yazmıştı:
> > On Sun, 17.10.10 13:39, Ozan Çağlayan (ozan at pardus.org.tr) wrote:
> >
> > Heya,
> >
> > > 1. swap.target always fails during boot. But once triggered after boot
> > > with systemctl restart, it succesfully enables the /.swap file. .swap
> > > file is on the rootfs which is an ext4 filesystem. I'm not too
> > > powerful with systemd but can this be caused by a read-only rootfs (so
> > > before remount-rootfs.target) while trying to enable swap.target?
> >
> > Unlikely.
> >
> > Could you boot with systemd.log_target=kmsg systemd.log_level=debug on
> > the kernel cmdline please? Then, try to reproduce this and submit the
> > output of "dmesg" here!
>
> I now tried with v13 and still the issue persists. BTW, running systemctl
> start .swap.swap or systemctl start swap.target correctly works after the
> system is booted. Here's the dmesg output:

Hmm, I actually didn't read your original mail properly. Sorry. Yes,
this indeed looks as if the r/o root dir could be the problem. To check
if this is really he case, could you try dropping the "ro" from the
kernel cmdline and see if it works then?

If this is really the isue a fix should be releaively easy to do.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.