[systemd-devel] Log of all processes

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:18:40 PDT 2010

Hi; I'm using (with a high success) systemd in my Gentoo system.
However, even with really few services running my startup time is not
that different from OpenRC, and my PID count is really high; with an
emergency boot, it's on the order of 1,500. I suspect the first
problem is caused by the second.

(By the way, the reboot and shutdown times have improved enormously,
it's almost instantaneous).

I would like to somehow log every process spawned from boot to getty
in emergency mode, so I can track what is being called, and then know
how to stop it.

Is this possible? I don't want anything fancy like bootchart, only the
processes (and, if possible, in the order of invocation) from
"/bin/systemd udev" to "/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1".

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Instituto de Matemáticas