[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v9

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Sep 2 20:38:45 PDT 2010

Heya,

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-9.tar.bz2

This is a bugfix release:

Lennart Poettering (37):
      build-sys: show audit/selinux in summary
      device: allow aliases on devices
      service: if we cannot add an alias to a sysv service, ignore this and go on
      service: reword warnings a little
      service: properly handle Fedora's broken MTA meta-service name
      units: don't install runlevel links anymore, since thsoe are maintained in /lib now
      var-run: make sure /var/run/user is properly created and labelled
      update fixme
      console: rework automatic getty on kernel console logic again
      unit: introduce AllowIsolate= switch
      exec: make sure O_NONBLOCK is off for all sockets passed as STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR
      manager: don't try to minimize transaction when using isolate
      units: fix a typo in arch's rc-local.service unit file
      exec: replace OOMAdjust= by OOMScoreAdjust= to follow new kernel interface
      util: look at STDOUT, not STDIN, when determining tty columns
      systemctl: avoid wrapping of headers/footers
      systemctl: rework exit codes for all utility programs to follow LSB or other standards
      service: rework killing logic so that we always kill the main process, even if it left our service cgroup
      manager: make sure we free the dbus error only if we actually use one
      util: leave locked terminal attributes untouched so that we don't interfere with plymouth
      manager: reword some error messages regarding "logs"
      service: wait for process exit only if we actually killed somebody
      service: recheck PID status when a cgroup runs empty
      systemctl: fix return value of systemctl start and friends
      systemctl: make sure daemon-reexec and friends return a correct error code
      dbus: don't accept activation requests anymore if we are going down anyway
      unit: unify some code
      dbus: make sure to flush bus connection before disconnecting, so that no messages are lost
      service: properly handle if the main process is down and we wait for the cgroup to die, too
      target: implicitly shutdown targets on shutdown, so that they are pulled into the final transaction and may be used for synchronization
      dbus: don't send cgroup agent messages directly to system bus to avoid dbus activation loop
      unit: don't retroactively start units if we failed to shutdown a unit
      units: don't add shutdown conflicts dep to umount.target
      service: make sure we properly figure out whether a sysv service is enabled before creating $foo wants links
      update fixme
      service: calculate sysv startup priority only in start runlevels
      build-sys: prepare new release

Matthew Miller (4):
      systemctl: very very trivial typo patch :)
      manager: rename 'maintenance' state to 'failed' to avoid user confusion
      manager: add missing second part of s/maintenance/failed/
      man: extend documentation on systemctl isolate

Michal Schmidt (1):
      service: properly pass dbus error structure

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.