[systemd-devel] bash autocompletion

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 22:40:56 PDT 2010

2010/9/5 Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 06:53:25AM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> attached is a first stab at bash completion support for systemctl.
>> You need to have the bash-completion package installed (on Debian:
>> apt-get install bash-completion), then simply copy the file to
>> /etc/bash_completion.d/
>> and either source /etc/bash_completion or only /etc/bash_completion.d/systemctl.
>> It's still a bit rough and incomplete, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
>> Comments and improvements/patches most welcome.
>
> Cool, I'll take a look. This has been on my todo list but I haven't gotten
> to it yet.

Just noticed, that I should use systemctl --full, so I don't get
shortened service names.

systemctl --help shows me "--full          Don't ellipsize unit names on output"

I'm not a native speaker, but the term "ellipsize" is imho a bit
confusing. Maybe "shorten" is better?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?