[systemd-devel] Services enabled by default?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Mon Sep 20 06:15:24 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 09:16:10AM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> while at it:
>>   - do we really need to install 6 getty services by default? can't we
>> just install one and people that don't like to use 1 + screen enable
>> more? It is a PITA to remove the links after every installation of
>> systemd :-/
>
> Or, conversely, why not enable 12 by default?

:-) Because when you add a link at "make install", you have to remove
it. If you add it manually, it will not be removed.  So what happens
is that people that just use one for rescue ends with 6 after every
make install... if you added +6 to have 12, you still have your system
set fine.

>>   - should we provide a "clean /tmp" service?
>
> At boot, or scheduled?

shutdown is better than boot... but yeah, schedule seems nice, either
by systemd timer or cron.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems