[systemd-devel] Systemd port on custom embedded linux

Cristian Axenie cristian.axenie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:03:30 PDT 2010

Hi all!
Next a failing context for DBus daemon is described both when using
systemctl enable dbus.service to generate links in the specific
.target.wants dirs or by using the default unit configuration after building
systemd.

So, after enabling the dbus unit and booting the board I get :

    9.500000] Freeing init memory: 152K
[   10.010000] systemd[1]: systemd 8 running in system mode. (+PAM +LIBWRAP
-AUDIT -SELINUX -IPV6 -SYSVINIT)
[   10.030000] systemd[1]: No hostname configured.
[   10.040000] systemd[1]: Set hostname to <localhost>.
[   10.070000] systemd[1]: Failed to fully start up daemon: No such file or
directory
[   10.130000] systemd[1]: Failed to initialize automounter: No such file or
directory
[   10.150000] systemd[1]: Unit sys-kernel-security.automount entered
maintenance state.
Starting udev Kernel Device Manager...
[   10.190000] systemd[1]: Failed to initialize automounter: No such file or
directory
[   10.200000] systemd[1]: Unit proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.automount entered
maintenance state.
[   10.270000] udev[674]: starting version 162
Starting udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization...
Starting udev Retry Failed Events...
Starting Getty on ttyS0...
Starting D-Bus System Message Bus...

localhost login:

I am able to login and when running ps :

  898 root       0:00 /sbin/udevd
 1134 root       0:00 //lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent
/systemd-1/udev-retry
 1135 root       0:00 login -- root
 1137 root       0:00 //lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent
/systemd-1/dbus.servi
 1138 root       0:00 [dbus-daemon]
 1139 root       0:00 //lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent
/systemd-1/dbus.servi
 1140 root       0:00 -sh
 1153 root       0:00 ps

DBus daemon seems dead and when trying to use systemctl to list the units it
blocks, but when sending SIGINT it returns to command line.

When using the default units configuration in the filesystem the DBus daemon
doesn't start, even if I try to start connmand (just an example). If I try
to start it manually it works.

Any suggestions ?

Best !