[systemd-devel] boot problems with recent git and debian

Florian Kriener florian at kriener.org
Sun Apr 3 15:20:32 PDT 2011

On Sunday 03 April 2011 23:44:41 Santi Béjar wrote:
> Are those purged? Because if not the init.d files are still there
> causing troubles.

> $dpkg -l nfs-common
> rc nfs-common ...

Yes it's purged but it just occured to me that there are a lot of other
init.d files that might cause havok when not masked carfully. I just
looked up what the debian package did and it is now clear to me that the
init system is no simple program that you can replace easily. Purging
the debian systemd package must have been a bad idea. You live and
learn. :-)

But, is there a reliable way to run the git version with the debian
package installed at the same time and test whether the problems I
encountered with the debian package are still there or not? Or is
testing systemd on debian even harder than I imagined?

Are there plans to support other distributions like debian in upstream
git wholeheartedly or will systemd git only run properly on fedora? Or
am I lumping packaging and development together here?

Florian.