[systemd-devel] some issues with missing HAVE_SYSV_COMPAT and /run/lock

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Apr 6 06:30:48 PDT 2011

Hi..

i just built and installed systemd-v23 (upgraded from v19)

since we are using a linux from scratch based distribution i used the
following configure options:

 --with-distro=other \
 --with-sysvinit-path="" \
 --with-sysvrcd-path="" \
 --with-pamlibdir="/lib/security" \
 --with-rootdir=""

this also disables SYSV_COMPAT..

after the reboot i experienced some problems with the new /run, /run/lock:

* var-lock.mount is still wanted by local-fs.target but was not
  installed due to missing SYSV_COMPAT

* /run/lock is not mounted/created since tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf is not
  installed (?)

* dependencies on var-lock.mount are also failing with:
  "Cannot add dependency job for unit var-lock.mount, ignoring: Unit
   var-lock.mount failed to load: No such file or directory. See system
   logs and 'systemctl status' for details."
  (ATM i don't know which unit triggers this)

So how am i supposed to fix the missing /run/lock issue? i thought
systemd would be responsible for creating this or mounting some tmpfs
(i don't know the status quo in the /run / lock / lockdev discussion ;)

are tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf and var-lock.mount really dependent on the
sysv-compatibility / the existence of sysv-init-directories?
(we don't have any sysv-init scripts installed anymore since we
completly switched to systemd v15 some time ago)

i would greatly appreciate any assistance.. 8)

regards,

	marius..

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marius Tolzmann <marius.tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>