[systemd-devel] user startable services in systemd context

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Apr 15 08:42:56 PDT 2011

Hi..

is there a simple or documented way to start a user systemd at boot time?

when i create a unit for systemd --user including the PAM setup a
user-systemd gets started under the specified user.

- is it intended that there stays a strange process named: "sd:pam"
  running as root? seems to be a child of the user-systemd process.

- how can the user manage it's user-systemd with systemctl (--user)?
  or better: how should a users dbus daemon be setup to get connected
  to it's systemd.

any ideas?

have a nice weekend..

marius..