[systemd-devel] Invalid poll event on socket

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Apr 19 16:49:35 PDT 2011

On Tue, 12.04.11 16:15, Albert Strasheim (fullung at gmail.com) wrote:

Heya,

> I had the following in my syslog today while my service was running:
>
> systemd[1]: Got invalid poll event on socket.
> systemd[1]: foo.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1
>
> What causes invalid poll events on the socket? Which socket?

Good question.

I have now changed git to be log a bit more context here. If you manage
to reproduce this this would be very interesting. Right now we assume
that the only epoll event we can get on a socket fd is EPOLLIN. And I
really wonder what event you might have gooten there.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.