[systemd-devel] Service should run with a certain User (solved, new problem)?

Dietmar Kling dietmar.kling at web.de
Sat Apr 23 01:22:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am embarrassed to answer myself after hitting the send button.
Of course i should not have put "test.sh" in /root , because the
user has no rights to access it...

It works now - but now the stopping the service seems a problem.
It always goes to failed because the java vm seems to provide  a status=143

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/cruisctl.service)
           Active: failed
          Process: 4811 ExecStart=/usr/bin/java $CRUISCTLOPTIONS
(code=exited, status=143)
           CGroup: name=systemd:/system/cruisctl.service

Regards  (and hoping that the solution will also come to me when i hit
the send button)

Here is the working script:

#
# Install
# in directory /lib/systemd/system

[Unit]
Description=Cruise Control
After=local-fs.target network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/cruisctl
User=cruisctl
WorkingDirectory=/var/cruisecontrol
ExecStart=/usr/bin/java $CRUISCTLOPTIONS
#ExecStart=/tmp/test.sh $CRUISCTLOPTIONS

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target