[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 26

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Apr 29 20:06:15 PDT 2011

Heya,

It has been a year today when I posted the original systemd announcement
blog story. Time for a birthday release:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-26.tar.bz2

Mostly bugfixes.

Only bigger thing to mention is that tmpfiles/binfmt/sysctl/modules-load
now also look for config files in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d in addition to
/etc/tmpfiles.d (and similar for the others). Why? simply to mimic the
scheme we otherwise handle unit files and suchlike, or udev handles
rules files: /usr is package manager territory. Configuration files
which are usually nothing the user should ever edit hence belong below
/usr. To allow patching or disabling of those files the user can then
copy them to /etc where they will take precedence over equally named
files in /lib. Symlinking them to /dev/null there is an effective way to
disable them completely. But normally they aren't visible in /etc.

Shortlog:

A. Costa (1):
      man: Spelling fixes

Kay Sievers (6):
      sysctl.d, binfmt.d, modules-load.d: switch to stacked config dirs in /lib, /etc, /run
      tmpfiles.d: switch to stacked config dirs in /lib, /etc, /run
      configure: add AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
      configure.ac: move AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS up to fix warning
      update TODO
      util: conf_files_list() return list as parameter

Lennart Poettering (16):
      mount: failure to mount cgroup hierarchies should not be fatal
      socket: improve warning message when we get POLLHUP
      dbus: don't hit assert when dumping properties
      update TODO
      manager: fix serialization counter
      def: lower default timeout to 90s
      systemctl: whitelist /etc instead of blacklisting /lib to figure out if [Install] is needed
      unit: fix assert when trying to load unit instances for uninstanciable types
      path: simplify recheck logic
      lookup: drop empty directories from search paths
      service: properly notice when services with a main process that isn't a child of init die
      label: don't print warning when we try ro relabel an non-existing file
      dbus: make daemon reexecution synchronous
      util: don't AND cx with cx
      plymouth: introduce plymouth.enable=0 kernel command line switch
      build-sys: prepare release 26

Miklos Vajna (1):
      build-sys: Add --disable-binfmt configure switch

Milan Broz (1):
      cryptsetup: fix keyfile size option processing

Tollef Fog Heen (2):
      manager: mkdir /run/systemd/system when starting up
      man: typo in sd_daemon reference

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek (1):
      strv: Fix gcc unitialized variable warning

cee1 (1):
      missing: Fix broken syscall(__NR_fanotify_mark... on o32 mips.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.