[systemd-devel] Hand when using systemctl in unit files

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 1 15:41:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, 28.07.11 10:38, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek (zbyszek at in.waw.pl) wrote:

> Hi,
> to give a more concrete example: proc2=tracd using proc1=postgresql as a
> backend requires a restart after the database daemon is restarted,
> because it doesn't reopen the connection. A really ugly and painful
> example seen in the wild.

Note that if you issue "systemctl restart postgresql.service" this
should cause tracd to restart, too, if it uses Requires=/BindTo= in the
unit files. (Should at least, haven't tested this in a while, but unless
I broke it this should still work, and if I broke it should be fixed again).

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.