[systemd-devel] /etc/rc.d/ on shutdown incompatible

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 1 23:54:17 PDT 2011

Am 02.08.2011 00:57, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Fri, 22.07.11 10:39, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:
>
>> i think systemd does not wait until this script has finsished
>> what can take some minutes if you have and hand full of virtual
>> machines running with hughe memory
>
> We wait for all operations, but we time them out. SysV start/stop
> scripts are timed out after 5min which should be plenty time even for
> the slowest scripts. You can freely increase (or even disable that) in
> unit files.

but even if the suspend of vm's would only take
a view seconds - since F15 they are killed hard on shutdown

>> independent from a needed fix somewhere in systemd:
>> what is the best way to place any shell script which is
>> called at the first place before reboot/shutdown and
>> how force systemd to wait with all other shutdwon-actions
>> until this is finished?
>
> first place before boot? What's that? in initrd?

REBOOT / SHUTDOWN not boot

i wan tmy own shell-script that do all my jobs and force systemd
to wait until this is really finished before the system goes down
and i need to have it as sonn as possible to act before other
services are stopped