[systemd-devel] Hand when using systemctl in unit files

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Aug 1 23:56:33 PDT 2011

On 8/2/11 1:02 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 28.07.11 15:20, warpme (warpme at o2.pl) wrote:
>
>> Zbyszek,
>>
>> Thx for replay.
>> You touch exactly the point.
>>
>>> You can use more than one ExecStartPost. E.g.
>>>   ExecStartPost=sleep 10
>>>   ExecStartPost=systemctl try-restart proc2
>>> This way you remove the unnecessary delay when starting proc2.
>> This is exactly way how I want to implement this.
>> Issue is that in systemd-29 it seems to impossible to successfully call systemctl from unit files.
>> Processing of such unit simply hangs.
>> I get impression systemctl can't be called recurrently.
> It can. We do that by default in rsyslog.service for example. But you
> need to make sure not to add deadlocks with that, or only trigger but
> not synchonously wait for your operations. Use systemctl
> --no-block for that.
>
> Lennart

Lennart,

Thx You find time to replay to my e-mail.
I REALLY like systemd concept. Usage of cgroups was plainly perfect move.
This is one form most elegant subsystems I found in Linux !
It is great You are contributing to Linux.

Having chance to talk with You and having access to Your experience: I'm
curious Your opinion what distro You will advice me if I want to have
highest stability but also high freshness in components (kernel & mysql
is key). I'm asking as I have very unusual issue related to client side
of mysql and after trying various tweaks, kernels & mysql I'm out of
ideas :-(

-br