[systemd-devel] start service only on specific exit status of some prog

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Aug 2 08:06:43 PDT 2011

hi..

since conditions specifying wheter a service should start are somehow
limited to the existence of some files/directories/etc. i was searching
for something more complex to handle conditional service starts.

is there a way to execute a program and take its exit status to evaluate
the condition? like ConditionExec or whatever.

currently we need a service that only starts if the current hostname
matches some value, i.e. only start service on hostA.

or we need to start a service only if some special IP is configured on a
network interface.

is this already possible without getting a "failed" service?

bye m.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marius Tolzmann <marius.tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>