[systemd-devel] systemd boot hang

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Aug 18 07:17:19 PDT 2011

On Tue, 09.08.11 13:28, Joel A Fernandes (agnel.joel at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi, I'm using kernel 3.0.1 and systemd, the boot process hangs. I am
> booting from an SD Card using the BeagleBoard.
>
> I am passing "systemd.log_target=kmsg systemd.log_level=debug" in my
> boot arguments but I don't see any debug messages.

Normally (unless you use Plymouth) you should see pretty verbose output
when you pass "systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=kmsg". Given
your output below I'd guess you have a typo somewhere there or maybe nor
properly redirecting the console to your seial console?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.