[systemd-devel] PATCH: add support for compose_table, kbd_rate and disabling caplocks

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Mon Aug 22 03:09:29 PDT 2011

Le vendredi 19 août 2011 à 18:15 +0200, Kay Sievers a écrit :

> What's the plan long term with that code we add here? TARGET_SUSE (and
> all the others) will need to move to the distro's package after a
> while, instead of having it available in the upstream tree. We need to
> find a balance between making things easier now, and not to need to
> throw out a lot of things when we are going to remove all the
> TARGET_DISTRO stuff, which will happen after a while. Any ideas?

So, we need to "extract" the various features present in the various
distro and either make sure they are implemented in vconsole-setup (ie
it can be specified in vconsole.conf ) or can be moved to a separate
package.

In our particular SUSE case, I see three features :
- "compose" key : should goes in, since it is  better to have just one
call for loadkeys than calling it two or three times (like it is done in
our initscript or if we add another helper).
- kbd rate : could be moved to a separate helper
- setleds : same (although some of it should be handled by the kernel
itself..)

In the mean time, I'll keep a patch in SUSE systemd for compose and
kbd_rate and a separate service for setleds.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at suse.com>
SUSE