[systemd-devel] net stats per app

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 24 10:10:59 PDT 2011

On Thu, 25.08.11 02:43, Jeremy (belxjander at gmail.com) wrote:

> ControlGroupPersistant=yes  for persistent runtime only statistics
> ControlGroupPersistent=/<filename> for persistent disk-backed
> statistics?

I don't think systemd should be involved in syncing to disk the data the
kernel generates for cgroups, this can easily live in indepdendent code
that simply monitors whenever a cgroup goes empty and writes to disk
what is store in them or something like that.

> Would this be at all feasible? if the string is not "yes"/"no" string
> variations,
>   checking it for being a valid pathname and using it as an on-disk
> store of statistics?
>
> Feasible?

I don't think saving stats really belongs in systemd. I think systemd
should provide you with the right hooks to make it easy to implement
this outside of systemd though, and ControlGroupPersistant=yes is quite
useful for that.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.