[systemd-devel] Raid device issue

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Dec 13 10:23:36 PST 2011

On Tue, 13.12.11 19:00, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net) wrote:

> Kay, do you know anything about device node creation of md in context
> with udev?

Soo, it seems we simply are missing the necessary udev rule for md here,
that excludes the devices from systemd's view as long as they aren't
fully set up.

i.e. for LVM we have this:

SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL!="ram*|loop*", ENV{DM_UDEV_DISABLE_OTHER_RULES_FLAG}=="1", ENV{SYSTEMD_READY}="0"

in /lib/udev/rules.d/99-systemd.rules.

We need something similar for MD here, that sets SYSTEMD_READY=0 as long
as the md device is not fully assembled. Not sure which udev property we
can use for that.

I guess this hasn't become visible so far, because everybody assembles
MD in initrd.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.